Go Back   F@NB0Y$ > Gaming > The Hobby Shop

Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #121
sals
Science, my boy!

Also I like the space bees.

Also also:

Spoiler for Ancient Space Fops:
Species: Vairians.
Homeworld: The Planet of Vairia, identified by humanity in 2113 and categorized as Planet Persei-2113-B (though it was not thought inhabited at the time), is no longer called such, except by Vairians acting their most formal. It is more colloquially known as the Brilliant Sphere, because Vairians enjoy being pretentious, and also because the entire planet is covered in a city made out of gold, broken up by perfect, sapphire oceans and beautifully manicured parks that take up thousands of square miles. Vairia is approximately Venus sized, with a gravitational pull of about 102% that of Earth's.
Visual Profile: Humanoid, with 5 fingers on each hand. Determination of physical traits beyond that is impossible, however, as the Vairians are constantly clothed in extremely ostentatious, ornate outfits and wearing equally ostentatious, ornate masks with opaque black lenses. The masks, it should be noted, are exceptionally humanlike, for whatever reason.
It has been hinted that this is not the true Vairian form, but rather, these bodies are simply fleshy avatars controlled by whatever it is the Vairians truly are. This would make sense, as Vairians that have been killed invariably show up again sometime later, commenting on how that was such a droll time and how they'd like to do it again. Why they've chosen to make their avatars look like humanity is unknown.
Reproduction and Development: Unknown. Avatars are vat grown biological clones, so that's how more of those are created. But as for the Vairians themselves? Not knowing their true biology makes this a difficult question to answer, and given that Vairians have occasionally mentioned that no new Vairian has been born in over 350,000 of Vairian Years (Approximately 270,000 Earth Years), it may very well be that the Vairians have forgotten how to do it themselves.
Diet and Necessary Materials: A Vairian avatar has never been observed eating or drinking. It is imagined that they have some sort of internal technological implantation that provides energy and sustenance, which could also explain why they always immolate immediately upon death. Naturally, the diet of the actual Vairians themselves is unknown.
Lifespan: The Vairians themselves are effectively immortal, as they do so enjoy reminding others. Avatars tend to have a lifespan based on how reckless the Vairian controlling it feels like being.
Language: The masks that Vairian Avatars wear must have some amazing technology inside of them, because no language has so far flummoxed their ability to reproduce it. All those speaking to a Vairian invariably report that they speak with a lilting, somewhat bored, overly affected manner.
Society and Culture: Vairian society is monarchical, ruled by the same two Vairians for 300,000 Earth years, due to that being the point when the technology that indefinitely staves off death for them was introduced. However, while every Vairian obeys these two leaders, their lack of interest in leading their people or giving commands has lead to a society wherein all members look only to their own pleasure. Since Vairian technology can create any sort of physical desire, they tend to be very successful in this pursuit. One thing that all Vairians relish is conversation, especially with non-Vairians. They're just so quaint! And while Vairians can be rather annoying and pretentious in most circumstances, they have very occasionally proven to be excellent mediators and diplomats.
Intelligence Rating and Tech Level: Level 5. At their height about three hundred thousand earth years ago, the Vairians enforced peace throughout multiple galaxies with the power of their Gilded Fleet, an armada of unassailable warships. They could terraform worlds at a whim, dictate terms to warring species and expect to be obeyed, and their influence seemed to only ever grow stronger.
In the intervening millenia, however, they have forgotten how any of their technology works. Their greatest scientist, Malpheor (from a time when Vairians still used personal names instead of pretentious titles and honorifics), disappeared, perhaps having ended his own life as he despaired from watching his species slide into decadent irrelevance. As such, they have not advanced at all since then, though they are still so far ahead that the theoretical concepts that support the theoretical concepts behind the simplest of their technology is beyond that of any race yet interacted with, and way beyond modern human understanding. To be fair, its also even further beyond the understanding of the Vairians.
It has gotten to the point that the Vairians could not even activate what remains of the Gilded Fleet if they wanted to, as they don't remember how to control the ships. The Brilliant Sphere has a silly amount of automated defenses, however, as many would-be conquerors can attest. Or could, if they weren't currently trillions of quarks flying throughout the universe. Vairian avatars, as well, usually have some sort of high-powered energy weapon or force field on their person, usually cleverly disguised as a piece of jewelry. Mistaking their affectations and funny clothing for vulnerability is a dire mistake, as they sometimes tend to undervalue the lives of other species.
Interaction with Galactic Community: Since the end of the Pax Vairia, Vairian holdings have been slowly abandoned as their population depleted and the borders of the Vairian Dominion shrunk, leaving all manner of ancient, beautiful Vairian installations and artifacts littered throughout the cosmos. "But how could this be, they're immortal!" you ask. Vairians are effectively unable to die, yes. But they can also enter a comatose state, usually brought about by boredom. So far, no Vairian has ever awoken from this.
This has resulted in the Vairians now only having a population of slightly less than a billion, nearly entirely concentrated on the Brilliant Sphere. Access to this world by other species is severely restricted, as some sort of ancient Vairian defense field prevent FTL travel to their homeworld unless they allow it. When they do interact with other species, it is usually with keen interest, though it is not unknown for Vairian arrogance and dry wit to rub new contacts the wrong way. Still, Vairians commonly accompany alien ships when they leave the Brilliant Sphere, as seeing what has become of the galaxy since their withdrawal is very interesting, indeed. It is also impossible for most Vairians to do alone, as they do not know how to fly their own ships. The few that do can only pilot the simplest of tiny pleasure yachts.
Vairians have actually visited Earth in the past on such yachts, and they'd occasionally freely interact with humanity, though most such records is considered "conspiracy theorist hooey," or simply lost. One such interaction, in Northern Italy in the 14th century, influenced European dress styles and created a tradition in the city of Venice that would last for centuries. Human-Vairian interaction has since then been non-existent, however, and humanity has not yet interacted with them since discovering FTL.

Oh, and their masks make them really creepy for some reason.

Not sure if playable.

Last edited by sals; 05-06-2012 at 07:15 PM.
sals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #122
sals
Science, my boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenFC View Post
To be honest I never really liked the "humans are speshul" angle in most science fiction. It just feels to myopic and silly. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Trek and all, but humans being automatically important for no reason seems cheap. Why would we be important? We're one species of many, our economy and military are pitiful compared to construction equipment, and we can't support one star system without outside help.

Being different or equal or respected allies or even scrappy underdogs seems so much more interesting and realistic. I don't think humans would be or need to be special in a very populated universe. We're just there, trying' to get a little respect.

Besides, the Vohnn might just not think about physics the same way we would. Or maybe they developed along different lines before stumbling upon FTL. Humans being valuable because we think differently is way better than being better because we're human. Also consider we've technically been spacefaring since at least 1968. I don't see FTL in our near future, even forty years on.

Though it might be of benefit to be more specific by what I mean by saying 'spacefaring.'
Humans being better because we think differently essentially is humans being better because we're human, you know. And nothing was saying that we're automatically special. Just that we're progressing rapidly for whatever reason. Probably not anymore now that we just got blown the frig up by space aliens.

I was just observing that the 200 or so years it took humanity to go from space flight to ftl is a lot faster than the 1300 that it took the Vohnn, which would seem to imply that, regardless of the reasons, we be movin' fast, yo.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #123
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Oh geeze, I meant 500 to 700 BCE. I'm sorry, I messed that up. I thought you were talking about the century long difference.

Oh Goddammit
StevenFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #124
sals
Science, my boy!

Ah. Well that makes quite the difference, doesn't it.

I still think humans should be special in some manner, or at least have the capacity to become more than "that little primate species down the lane." We should focus the rp on overcoming the setback to our growth and becoming stronger as a species than merely survival.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #125
That Pooka
Rocket Surgerist Man

I kind of liked the idea that humans are so diverse that they can conquer generations worth of ideas simultaneously simply because there's so many people trying different ways to do stuff, while aliens might have simply all conformed to the greater good and stopped imagining up new ways to use technology.

Tired of editing:

Species:
Homeworld:
Visual Profile:
Reproduction and Development:
Diet and Necessary Materials:
Lifespan:
Language:
Society and Culture:
Intelligence Rating and Tech Level:
Interaction with Galactic Community:

Spoiler for The Water Giants:

Species:Quaterlyphs
Homeworld:Water-filled world, almost covered in water.
Visual Profile: Like cuttlefish with more, thinner, tentacles, and ranging in size from eight feet to twelve yards, though interstellar exploration favors the smaller, younger Quaterlyphs.
Reproduction and Development: Cloud orgies. Aw yeah.
Diet and Necessary Materials: Small species of crustacean-like appearance, and their own kind should the need arise. They are a water-dwelling species, but can survive outside of water for extended periods of time in a weakened state.
Lifespan: 12 to 30 years.
Language: Bright flashes of color and gestures.
Society and Culture: Quaterlyphs are very matter-of-fact and logical. They shun weakness and brutally punish for mistakes. There is no room for personal expression, only the drive to find food, shelter, and produce a greater generation of offspring. There are no pats on the back for a job well done, if they truly think you are serving a purpose you will know when they leave you to your work.
Intelligence Rating and Tech Level: 4, they are going through the motions and lack the desire to create new technology, as they have spent the last several generations focused on increasing theirselves physically to create physical perfection. This lack of interest has dwindled their species down to the point there is a surplus of materials, which they still hoard for the eventual time when they become the perfect ecosystem in space.
Interaction with Galactic Community: War. They fight for resources and are ruthless. They live and travel through space using water, which allows them greater stamina in and around gravitational anomalies(And they capitalize on this during battles). Quaterlyphs do not seek confrontations and simply take what is needed when it is available. However, they have ended many, many confrontations. SQUUUIIIIDS!

Last edited by That Pooka; 04-13-2012 at 03:08 PM.
That Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #126
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals View Post
Ah. Well that makes quite the difference, doesn't it.

I still think humans should be special in some manner, or at least have the capacity to become more than "that little primate species down the lane." We should focus the rp on overcoming the setback to our growth and becoming stronger as a species than merely survival.
I can get behind that. Gives us a nice, lofty goal to strive towards.

Anyway, another couple things. Anyone have any ideas for the main antagonists? I have basic concepts for ship names and designs, but little for what they might look or behave like. I have some ideas of twisted Thing-Like creatures and legions of Cybernetic thralls, and their general unfriendliness.

Also, how about how FTL works? Is it a wormhole generator? Warp Drive? Tachyon Drive System? Any suggestions based on stuff you've seen, based in real science or otherwise?

Also ALSO, Sals had a cool thing going in the Steampunk RP where each character and race described their interactions with one another. Do we want to include that so we can keep track of alliances/rivalries etc? Make the Interactions thing a bit more specific, anyway.

ALSO ALSO ALSO, Tech checklists for each race? Specific stuff each Race might have, or may have an edge on other races in? Like Talyn's Space RP?

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #127
sals
Science, my boy!

I think there should be multiple different types of ftl, and that they should all be bizarre.

Like, one rearranges the fabric of the universe into an Italian wedding cake and lets the ship move between the layers.

Also those suggestions are probably good.

And the spoiler tags aren't working?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #128
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Forum resets always do that. I'm not sure if we just need to... edit the post and reset the tags.

Alright, I will write up a quick Vohnn/Vairian interaction thing.

Edit: Yeah, editing the post restores spoiler tags.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #129
sals
Science, my boy!

Cool. I don't think I'll do much for the Vairians though. They pretty much respond to all species with mild interest and not much else.

"Oh, how droll! They have domes for heads, isn't that just precious? Raw, really. Absolutely raw, you know."

And they'll totally say that right in front of you.

Also, if it wasn't clear from my post, their avatars essentially look like the costumed revelers at the Venetian Carnival.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #130
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

MORE QUESTIONS I'M JUST FULLATHEM.

Do we want the first arc to be during the Invasion? Do we want to show how everyone survived? Or do we want to start with the classic "YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU BE FORCED BY NARRATIVE TO ACCEPT IT..." style?

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #131
sals
Science, my boy!

I was thinking just having it start at a new supply convoy being formed sometime after the invasion.

But, what we could do is actually have each characters actions during the invasion proper, and then do a "five years later" sort of thing where the rp begins in earnest.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #132
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

We'd need to set up some hard rules and such about how the invasion affected each colony.

Also, Colonies! WHERE ARE THEY?!? Io? Mars? Other random, dwarf planetoids and moons floating around? What do we call Sol's Government? Are there little splinter governments that aren't popular but sort of fell apart during the attack?

I guess Earth is the one race we all need to work on together.

Also I like calling Earth Terra or Sol.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #133
sals
Science, my boy!

I dunno. It's always been called Earth in English. If that's the language people are still speaking then I imagine it wouldn't have changed.

The system would probably be called Sol though.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #134
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

We will all speak future English, which has fewer vowels and a way more apostrophes. English is called 'Lsh and Earth is called 'Rrth.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #135
sals
Science, my boy!

We shall put that as plan B.

I'm surprised that there aren't more people proposing Aliens, considering the initial interest in this. Or just more people participating in this thread in general.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #136
Tombstone
mysterious stranger

I have an alien idea to be big bads. Though I doubt they're behind this mining business. Unless they are.

They'd also be from another galaxy, probably Intelligence Level 4 and initial encounters with them would be their scouting ships. Would you guys be cool with that?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #137
sals
Science, my boy!

That would be fine, in my opinion. I don't think they'd be one of the immediate threats, but it would be cool to introduce them later just to make humanity even more desperate.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #138
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

I actually had a pretty sweet idea for what they main antagonistic race would look like. I'll upload a sketch later tonight.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #139
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Alright so I have a drawing, but no name, and only a few hooks for how their biology and culture work. They have a large FTL communicator in their bodies, which is capable of transmitting and receiving thoughts almost immediately regardless of distance. They are capable of drawing on all the knowledge of their people in almost an instant, though their ability to add personal knowledge is extremely diminished. They aren't a hive mind, but they all use the same, admittedly enormous and brilliant, source for their intelligence. This makes their culture extremely myopic and xenophobic, considering alien sciences and history incomprehensible or ignorant. They refuse to use information gathered from alien sources until they're sufficiently sure it was actually their idea and someone else stole it.

I also like the idea that after conquering and enslaving a world, they begin cloning and genetically engineering versions of those life forms that are more like them. Eventually once the newest strains are 'pure' enough, they install the FTL communicator into them and completely destroy whatever culture existed before. It's a gentle genocide, a long-term 'phasing out' of inferior races.

Anyway, that's two things to start fleshing them out.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #140
sals
Science, my boy!

Ever going to write how Vohnn interact with the stellar community?

Also is it about to eat that guy's head?

Last edited by sals; 04-17-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #141
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

... I don't... know. I do not think that they should eat. Or at least, eat other aliens. That's too easy. He's just gettin' a good look.

I should get back to writin' that. I hit a WALL. And it hurt. So I stopped writing to get ice.

Edit: Quick question, would Vairians be callow or insensitive enough to let a civilization die and not realize it? At least, would modernish Vairians do something like that?

Edit2: Are Vairian Yachts actually pretty small or are they "small?" As in, "A dreadfully small pleasure palace" is actually larger than every single Vohnn Dreadnaught combined, but still diminutive compared to a ship of the Gilded Fleet?

Oh Goddammit

Last edited by StevenFC; 04-17-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #142
sals
Science, my boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenFC View Post
Edit: Quick question, would Vairians be callow or insensitive enough to let a civilization die and not realize it? At least, would modernish Vairians do something like that?

Edit2: Are Vairian Yachts actually pretty small or are they "small?" As in, "A dreadfully small pleasure palace" is actually larger than every single Vohnn Dreadnaught combined, but still diminutive compared to a ship of the Gilded Fleet?
Answer One: Oh yeah, totally. "Whoopsies!" It's actually kinda lucky that modern Vairians can't really actively effect such extinction level events due to forgetting how to do so. But, say, an planetoid sized ancient Vairian space station getting knocked out of orbit and wiping out a planet by falling on it would totally go completely unnoticed by them.

Answer Two: Think this, only more gold and with more baroque ornamentation. Also, solar sails instead of the mundane version.

Last edited by sals; 04-18-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #143
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Spoiler for The Vohnn and the Vairians:
Interactions with the Vairians: Date of First Contact: 1553 CE. The Vohnn and the Vairians have had a tumultuous relationship at best. The Vohn Alliance discovered Vairian artifacts in orbit of a White Dwarf called Oolua-Gamma around 1480 CE. For a century the Vohnn believed the artifacts to be time capsules of a sort, left behind by the extinct inhabitants of the planets in orbit of dying star. In 1551, a Vairian pleasure yacht entered the Oolua system, and the artifacts therein revealed their numerous automated processes. The artifacts drew themselves together into a single, massive space station with which the Vairian ship docked. It took two years for the Vohnn to break through the station’s automated locks and make an official first contact. In a conversation characterized by First Commandant Korvvall as “Short, irritating, condescending, endlessly infuriating, and completely devoid of any respect for anyone unrelated to the advancement of their pleasure.” The Vairian’s revealed that the artifacts were in fact an automated Hotel and Spa. This same hotel and spa was responsible for the swift decay of Oolua-Gamma, resulting in the extinction of several I-Rating 2 Civilizations.
This resulted in a massive diplomatic incident, and an immediate declaration of war. The Vohnn, believing the Vairians a threat to all life in the galaxy, attempted to destroy the Vairian pleasure palace with target mass bombardments. When this failed and was entirely ignored, attempts were made to attach drive systems onto its hull and push it into the dwarf star. This attempt was a failure and was ignored. After a decade of attempted demolitions, the Vairian ship left the system and was immediately tracked by the largest Vohnn Alliance fleet ever assembled.
The Vohnn tracked the pleasure cruiser to the Gilded Sphere. The Vohnn were fortunate that the Vairian defense grid shorted out their FTL drives several light years from the main defensive perimeter. Before that point the Vohnn believed there to be only three Vairians alive in the entire galaxy. Discovering the population was significantly larger, and was hiding behind automated defenses older than the entire Vohnn civilization, forced the Vohnn to abandon any hopes of protecting the galaxy at large from their deleterious decadence.
Since the First Contact incident the Vohnn and Vairian relationship has been complicated at best. The populace of the Vohnn Alliance speaks of the Vairians in disgust; Vohnn consider their abdication of interstellar responsibility absolutely sickening and antithetical to their socialist and duty-bound sensibilities. Despite this, historical records indicate that the Vairian had been protecting Reinan One from disaster for eons. The actions of the Vairian have reverberated down through the millennia, their brilliant intellect and stratagems protecting the galaxy long after its champions abandoned it.
The Vohnn Alliance officially recognizes the Vairians as allies, allowing their craft free travel within their space, though many recognize they have no real say in the matter. Vairians occasionally take up residence in Vohnn held systems, and local Vohnn try their hardest to be polite. The Vohnn generally do not like or get along with the Vairians, and Vohnn tend to scowl very hard whenever a Vairian is up to its shenanigans.

Oh Goddammit

Last edited by StevenFC; 04-30-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #144
sals
Science, my boy!

Why would there be system evacuations? It's not like Vairians randomly explode stuff. Sure, explosions are pretty, but they're so brief, and what if the thing you exploded ended up doing something interesting in the future?

Do they just not like them so much that whenever they appear they just all pack up and leave?
Old 04-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #145
SliceSabre
Heir to the Koopa Throne

Send a message via MSN to SliceSabre

I've been enjoying everything I've been reading in this thread.
SliceSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #146
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals View Post
Why would there be system evacuations? It's not like Vairians randomly explode stuff. Sure, explosions are pretty, but they're so brief, and what if the thing you exploded ended up doing something interesting in the future?

Do they just not like them so much that whenever they appear they just all pack up and leave?
... You're right. That doesn't really make a lot of sense. I will alter it.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #147
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

Alright, I've been doing some thinking. I imagine each of us will be playing a member of this single cargo ship's crew. I also imagine we would play different roles aboard the ship. So I will start to compile a list of positions! This will hopefully spur some thinking about character development and ideas. Some jobs will have multiple openings, while others can really only be filled by one person. So we'll need a fair way of deciding who should be what.

It's entirely possible that not all of these roles will be filled by people. NPCs and whatnot can be posted, and then swapped out or taken control of at any player's whims.

Anyway, The List:

Captain: The head honcho of whatever we decide to name our ship. We will need to figure out how to fairly give this job out.
Second in Command: Dude below the dude what runs the whole shebang.
Alien Observer: The guy actually in charge. Maybe. This character is definitely an alien, though doesn't have to be the only one. This person is an alien watching over the crew of what is technically its property. Starting out, likely a member of the Vohnn Alliance, but that could change with time. This character probably has technical, tactical, historical, and scientific knowledge far beyond most of the human crew. This character can probably be played by anyone with any race they like or would like to invent. It could even be a weekly, rotating position.
Pilot: For a larger ship like this one, we will probably need multiple pilots. Additionally, we should have a compliment of fighters/bombers/drones that will make use of pilots.
Trader/Businessman/Merchant: What're you buyin'? The resources to keep your species from extinction, dummy! Wheel and deal, motherfucker! You've got quotas to meet and if you don't ENTIRE ORPHANAGES STARVE/SUFFOCATE/ARE BLOWN INTO SPACE. DON'T MESS THIS UP, BUDDY.
Chief Engineer and Engineerlings: One Chieftan, many subordinates. We could even specialize them if we wanted. Want to be the only guy/gal onboard who understands the until now theoretical physics powering the Vohnn InterWarp Drive Core? Just want to be the dude who cleans out the ship's waste and organic matter recyclers? YOU GOT IT.
Communications Officer: Look, it sounds like a joke, but it's important. You're the dude who knows all the important encryption codes and shit. Communicating through FTL Comm Relays across billions of miles of deep space isn't as easy as making a goddamn phone call.
Military Advisor? Chief Tactical Officer? That One Works: This might be some peacenik hippy bullshit spaceship, but it still needs somebody who understands space combat and warfare. You are the only fucker on this ship with a direct line to Earth's military command, and you're the only person who might realize Warping right into a Cryxik Dreadnaught's sensor grid would be awful and stupid.
SPHESS MAHRIIIIIINES: WE NEED SOME SPHESSSZZZZZ MAHREEEEENES. GOTTA HAVE SPHEZZZ MACHRAAAANES. SECURITY, SECURING TACTICALLY CRUCIAL THINGS, GENERAL BADASSERY.
Ship's Computer: Might be cool to be the machine brain of a giant space ship. Just sayin'.
Diplomat/Ambassador/Xenobiologist: Someone with a little more tact and grace than a space trucker and a blood-crazed general. Somebody to secure those crucial alliances and avoid unnecessary bloodshed.
Chief Medical and Underlings: Gotta have a doctor. Doctor's tend to be the some of the coolest characters. Except Dr. Crusher, I guess. And whoever replaced her for one season. Ugh, she was terrible. Polanski, or something, right?
Chief Scientist and Sciencelings: Somebody in charge of explaining away problems with technobabble. Must know what a black hole is, and why flying towards it turns everyone insane.

So just some ideas for jobs and positions, and people can fill them out as we like, and can feel free to add more! I'm sure I missed several.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #148
sals
Science, my boy!

You forgot robots. I'm halfway inclined to play a Mr. Handy.

Also, I think that the Captain should be an NPC. Like Mayor McGruff in the Superhero RP. This way we can all use him for expository purposes when leading an arc.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #149
StevenFC
The Butt Stallion

I'd like to think a robot/clone/cyborg could be one if not all of those jobs. Or we could just have robots serve supplementary positions to all of these jobs.

Oh Goddammit
Old 04-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #150
sals
Science, my boy!

Quite. Anyway, now is not the time to be thinking of specific characters. I have a couple more alien races I think I'll post tomorrow.

It's surprising that Pooka, Steven, and I are really the only ones doing so. We need to populate the galaxy, people!